Who Says Decorating Kids Bedrooms Isn't Fun?
Decorating kids bedrooms is a lot of fun!
One thing is for sure--you'll feel like a kid again. Plus, you’ll get your best decorating ideas from imagining you’re a little tot on a magical adventure!
First pick out a room theme that you and your child will both like. But before finalizing your decision, think about the versatility of each theme. Can it be changed rather easily in a few years if your child decides on a new one? This is a likely occurrence so think about it now!
Here are some popular kids bedroom themes:
Girls Bedroom Themes:
Lace and Ribbons
Boys Bedroom Themes:
Trains & Transportation
Frogs and Geckos
Once you've decided on a bedroom theme, think of all the ways you can carry the theme throughout the room.
Here are a few decorating ideas...
- Wall stencils - Follow the current craze by applying vinyl graphic images (they're removable) or sponge paint motifs the old fashhioned way
- Frame prints from old calendars or cards
- Print out and frame photos you love from the internet
- Find a decorative light switch with your bedroom theme
- Look for decorative pillows with your favored motif or color
- Check out stores and websites for themed and/or personalized rugs
- Swap out an old lampshade for a newer themed shade
- Bed in a bag - Find one that works well with your room decor or find separate pieces that look great together
- Desk accessories - Look for a matching or coordinating set
- Bedroom chair(s) - Create a reading nook if you have the room. Consider a beanbag, egg or suspended chair.
As you can see, decorating kids bedrooms can be a lot of fun. Bring your creativity and sense of adventure!
Looking for even more inspiration about decorating kids bedrooms? Read on...we've got lots more decorating ideas to share with you for every room in your home!